The Aandhimul Project's Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Imagine the world as candles

























The last few weeks have been a ride, well it has been a big ride anyway but we have not stopped.

The only 'Ke Garne' ( What to do ) came after the Holy festival when most villagers got drunk. Their God allows them to drink so they really took it well, better than me. I was so angry with them, especially as Ana- ( engineer) arrived and saw very tired looking people to do the work with! Actually it was the only slip, and they have been good. Almost, I could call the digging work as a sobering therapy.

We have completed the 3km digging part, and as I'm typing we are building DC tank ( no 5) or at least the start of it. If you can imagine that the only tools we have are a shovel and a pick axe and we find stones in the jungle!

Now with the heat it is really hard work just walking up hill, but I have tasted the spring water yesterday and we are dealing on a daily basis with small issues. Most people will tell me that all is ok and then I hear that the engieener was crying - ( Crying in Nepal is not very usual, it is usual for me but here it means a lot), The food we cook is not very good and changing a cook with only one eye, provided another obstacle, over salted food with too much oil!

In between all of this I had a meeting in Ktm and found out that there is no financial support and really I should just learn Nepali if I want to communicate better- so that is what I'm doing. I have stopped trying to understand all of it and now can deal with the lack of planning and don't get too annoyed when I hear - Joli Miss we are in emergency we have no food or no cement left! Now I just hop on the bus and through time I've got to know the people who can deliver with only an 1 hour delay.

Lou has managed to secure the last funds and now it is up to us to make sure we complete on a very slim budget. I think we can do it. We will do it!

Most work is now done by the villagers and I have recognized that once a week a 3 chickens will be the right inspiration to keep them going! I have seen a real change in the community and they work much better together now! (when there is no festival)

In between we squeezed an art workshop with Christina from Berlin (see pictures above), Pati and Subash (spanish/nepali family) and it was amazing to see so much concentration, even hearing nothing, silence!

I have attended a big meeting about creating social business in Bandipur and creating an NGO, which all sounds fabulous as other small projects with school but I really only can concentrate on doing rather than talking.

A wise man told me a story.

"Imagine a world full of candles! how do you see them? Do you see them lit? but no no they are just candles and you must lit them and someone will give you a lighter - how will you lit the millions of candles?

You take 2 in your hands and lit them and pass them to someone else -that's how you lit them.

Some will blow off but most will get lit."

La enough for today,
back to field!
Jolana

No comments:

Post a Comment